Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pikachu's in us

Written by pikaby

A piece of relatively old news, but one I'm sure not many of you have known. A protein in our retinas(that's a part of our eyes) was named 'Pikachurin' in 2008. If you want to read more about it you can check it out here. I didn't know about it either until I glanced across a copy of the Guinness World Records, under the video game section. It was the first protein to be named after a video game character. Pikachu is in our bodies. Cool, isn't it?

Them's big words in the article. Even I don't really understand it fully at the moment, but it involves our photoreceptors, which means Pikachurin helps us see stuff. If you know more than this amateur you can feel free to correct me. Haha. :)
Share/Save/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus